Hotel in Beamish Valley, near County Durham
Reasons to Visit ...
Halfway between Durham City and Newcastle, set in 100 acres of the beautiful Beamish Valley in the Vale of Durham, lies South Causey Inn - an independent hotel with luxury accommodation, flexible event spaces, and a rustic restaurant. It is easy to visit South Causey Inn with excellent local transport links with Newcastle airport, Durham, Chester-le-Street and Newcastle train stations, bus stops outside the door, 24 hour taxi services – if you are still stuck we can even arrange transport in our RIP gin car! Please make our home your home and explore the beautiful North East England.
Top places to visit...
- The Causey Arch
- Tanfield Railway
- Beamish Open-Air Museum
- Beamish Park Golf Club
- South Moor Golf Club
- Hall Hill Farm
- Durham County Cricket Club
- Gibside Park & Chapel
- Angel of the North
- Newcastle & Gateshead - Discovery Museum, Life Science Centre, Sage Gateshead, St. James' Park - Home of NUFC & Theatre Royal
- Durham Cathedral & City of Durham
- Raby Castle
- Bowes Museum
Top Local Events in July ...
Saturday 7th July 2018 - Dog Walk Club
Wednesday 11th July - Saturday 14th July 2018 - Tall Ships Race
Friday 13th July - Sunday 22nd July 2018 - Durham Brass Festival
Saturday 14th July 2018 - Durham Miners Gala
Thursday 12th July - Sunday 15th July 2018 - Beamish Museums Festival of the 50’s
Friday 20th July - Monday 3rd September 2018 - Summer Holiday Kids Go Free
Saturday 28th July 2018 - Ladies Day at Newcastle Racecourse
Top Local Events in Later in the Year...
Sunday 19th August 2018- Durham County Cricket Club Grand Slam
Friday 24th August 2018 - Acoustic Night
Sunday 9th September 2018 - Great North Run
Friday 14th September 2018 - South Causey Comedy Club
December 2018 - South Causey Inn's Christmas Events Begin
Friday 21st December 2018 - South Causey Comedy Club
More coming soon...
How to find us
From the south:
- Exit the A1(M) at Junction 63
- Follow the A693 signposted 'Stanley' and Beamish Museum
- At the Beamish Museum roundabout continue forward up the hill
- At the top of the hill turn right following signposts to Gateshead and the A6076
- You will arrive at a junction with a petrol station on your left. Turn right
- South Causey is 300 yards along this road on your right
From the north:
- While travelling south on the A1 you will pass the Metro Centre on your left
- Follow signs for Consett on the A692
- You will pass through the village of Sunniside
- At the second set of traffic lights (with the Potters Wheel Public House on the left) turn left
- Follow this road for approx 3 miles
- The South Causey is on your left (before you reach the 30mph signs)