We look forward to welcoming you to the Inn
You are viewing guest information for The Forge
Below you will find all your guest information - please save this page to your device so you can refer back to it during your stay.
- On Arrival
- Your room will be available from 2pm.
- Please report to reception on arrival.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, which are out of our control–on occasion we may have to delay check in until the room meets our high standards. This is to ensure you enjoy the best possible experience and your health, welfare and safety needs are all met at all times.
- Collecting your Key
- Please complete your online check in form prior to arrival - this will ensure on arrival you will simply need to report to reception to collect your key. If you have not done so already you can by clicking HERE
- The reception team will direct you to your room.
- Breakfast Time
- Breakfast is included in your stay and is served between 8am and 9.30am.
- Your Breakfast time will be pre booked with reception on check in- we will try our best to accommodate your preference, but please note we may have to stipulate a different time due to demand and availability.
- Contacting Reception
- Please dial "0" on your hotel room telephone.
- Fire Safety
What to do in case of a Fire
YOUR ASSEMBLY POINT IS THE ON THE MAIN LAWN IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL
Make sure everyone in the hotel knows about the fire – raise the alarm by breaking the glass – shout and get everyone together.
Get everyone out
Exit the hotel by using the designated fire exits depending on which area you are in and rejoin at the main car park/green area.
As you escape, remember:
- don’t delay to save valuables or look for pets
- don’t investigate the fire
- crawl on the floor if there’s smoke - the air is cleaner near the floor, so put your nose as low as possible; remember - smoke is poisonous and can kill you
- as you go out, only open the doors you need to and close any open doors you can to slow the spread of the fire
- before you open doors, feel them with the back of your hand; if they’re warm, don’t open them – the fire is on the other side
- if you’re escaping with others, stay together if you can
If clothes catch fire
don’t run around – you will fan the flames and make them burn faster
lie down - this makes it harder for the fire to spread and reduces the effect of flames on your face and head (flames burn upwards)
smother the flames - cover the flames with heavy material, like a coat or blanket; this blocks the fire's supply of oxygen
roll around – rolling smothers the flames
Remember - if your clothes are on fire: STOP, DROP, ROLL
When you can't get out by your escape route
If your escape route is blocked:
- if you’re on the ground floor, go out of a window – throw bedding or cushions onto the ground outside to break your fall
- if you can’t open the window, use a heavy object to break it at the bottom corner – cover any jagged edges with clothing, a towel or a blanket
- lower children as far as possible before letting them drop – get an adult to break their fall if you can
- lower yourself by your arms from the window ledge before dropping
If you can’t get out, get everyone into one room:
- choose a room with a window, if you can
- put cushions, towels or bedding at the bottom of the door to block smoke
- open the window and call for help
- think now about which room might be best for this – you need a window that can be opened and, if possible, a phone for calling 999
Once you’re out and safe, use a mobile phone, (999 calls are free).Giving the address as South Causey Inn, Beamish Burn Road, Stanley, County Durham, DH9 0LS Explain if anyone is trapped and what room they’re in – the more information you can give the Fire and Rescue Service, the more quickly and effectively they can help you
DON'T GO BACK IN
You should find somewhere safe to wait near the building. If there's someone still inside, wait for the Fire and Rescue Service to arrive. You can tell them about the person and they will be able to find them quicker than you.
If you go back into the building, you will slow down the fire-fighters' efforts to rescue anyone else missing, as well as putting your own life in great danger.
- Smoking Policy, Damages and Charges
- Please be advised all of our bedrooms are Non-Smoking -Any damage to bedrooms or failure to comply with the no smoking policy will result in a cleaning charge of a minimum £100.
- Any bedroom keys not returned to reception on check out will be charged at £30
- Any damages or items removed from the room will be charged to this card upon booking.
- Hot Tub Rule & Procedure
Due to stringent cleaning regimes the Hot Tub may still be reaching its optimum temperature of 40 degrees when you check in. We ask that you keep the lid on the tub until it has reached this temperature - which will ensure the best possible experience.
The full security deposit will be returned providing that there has been no damage and the rules and procedures have been adhered too. If the hotel feels the hot tub is left in an unacceptable condition or that the rules have been breached the full security deposit, will be lost and additional charges may apply.
- Please note the deposit will be lost if the following:
- Bubble bath or lotions have been used in the hot tub
- If guests have been smoking in the hot tub or inside the room
- If any Glass has been broken in/around the hot tub
- The hot tub has insufficient water in and the pumps have been left on
- The general cleanliness of the hot tub is left in an unacceptable condition
- Any damage to the hot tub fixtures of fittings
- If the top is not closed when not in use
- A MAXIMUM of 6 bathers in the tub and one time
- Confetti Balloons or Cannons must not be used in the room or the hot tub
- Please only use the Jets and Lights button. Do not touch the Warm, Cool or mode button (if applicable) as this can cause the hot tub to run cold / turn off and the Inn cannot accept any responsibility for this occurring due to user error. Please keep the lid on when not in use and use instruction provided for lifting the lid.
Diverter and Air Flow
- The Diverter Valve is a large rotating dial on the topside of the spa used to control flow of the water between sections of the spa controlled by each pump in the spa. The diverter valve rotates right and left. Do not over turn the diverter valve which
has built in “stops”.
- Forcing the valve to turn past it’s built in “stop” will damage the spa.
When the diverter valve is positioned in the centre, water flow will be spread evenly throughouteach area of the spa controlled by a diverter valve.
- Turning the diverter valve all the way to one side will restrict the water flow from one section and force all of the flow into the other section. Turning the diverter valve all the way to the other side will reverse the flow of water to the opposite side of the spa.
- The Air Valve is a smaller rotating valve on the topside of the spa that looks like the Diverter Valve, but is smaller in size. It is used to increase or decrease air flow through the jets. Increasing air flow creates “bubble action” as the water enters the spa.
- The air valve rotates right and left. Do not over turn the air valve which has built in “stops”. Forcing the valve to turn past it’s built in “stop” will damage the spa.
- When the air valve is positioned in the centre, there is moderate air flow with moderate “bubble action”. When the air valve is turned to one direction, or closed, there is less air flow and fewer bubbles. If the air valve is turned fully to the opposite direction, the air valve is fully open creating the most bubbles but will make the spa cool quicker.
- Dining & Serving Times
- Lunch and dinner: 12:00 - 21:00 Monday to Saturday
- Sunday lunch: 12:00 - 20:30 Sunday & Bank Holidays
Please note last orders are 15 minutes before end of service.
Please note menus and serving times are subject to change. Please contact reception on '0' for the most current information.
- Heating, Radiators & Bathroom Mirrors
- Please note that the radiators will heat very quickly if the thermostat is turned up and will take some time to cool down. We recommend gradually increasing the temperature.
- To turn on please press circle on the mirror. You can also connect your device to play music in the bathroom via the mirror. Please turn your Bluetooth on and then press and hold the Bluetooth symbol on the mirror until it turns from blue to white.
- We have wireless internet access for the use of all of our guests free of charge. You will be asked to login to our network by providing your email address and accepting our T & Cs.
- Room Service & Charges
- Any room service items will be charged as they are ordered.
- Please note our room service serving times are the same as our restaurant serving time - this includes drinks service.
- House Keeping Extra Towel & Bath Mats
- If you require any additional items i.e. towels, bath mats etc. please call reception.
- Please dial "0" on your hotel bedroom telephone.
- Reception is available by dialling "0" on your hotel room telephone.
- In case of emergency please call 9999 on your hotel room telephone.
- A Night Porter is on duty throughout the night, please dial "0" on your hotel room telephone.
- Check Out
- Check out is any time prior to 10.30am on the day of departure. Please return your key to reception.