Thank you for Checking In Online
We look forward to welcoming you to the Inn
Below you will find all your guest information - please save this page to your device so you can refer back to it during your stay.
Watch your Virtual Room Tour
Video coming soon
- On Arrival
- Your room will be available from 2pm
- Please report to reception.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, which are out of our control–on occasion we may have to delay check in until the room meets our high standards. This is to ensure you enjoy the best possible experience and your health, welfare and safety needs are all met at all times.
- Collecting your Key
- All members of your party over 16 will need to register. When you come to reception, please wear a mask and socially distance.
- There is a hand sanitising unit to use before entering reception and a one way system in place.
- The key will be sanitised and placed in a sealed container to to given to you in a contact free way.
- The reception team will direct you to your room.
- Breakfast Time
Your Breakfast time will be confirmed by reception - we will try our best to accommodate your preference indicated in the online check, but please note we may have to stipulate a different time due to demand and availability.
- Contacting Reception
- Please dial "0"on your bedroom telephone.
- Fire Safety
What to do in case of a Fire
YOUR ASSEMBLY POINT IS THE ON THE MAIN LAWN IN FRONT OF THE HOTEL
Make sure everyone in the hotel knows about the fire – raise the alarm by breaking the glass – shout and get everyone together.
Get everyone out
Exit the hotel by using the designated fire exits depending on which area you are in and rejoin at the main car park/green area.
As you escape, remember:
- don’t delay to save valuables or look for pets
- don’t investigate the fire
- crawl on the floor if there’s smoke - the air is cleaner near the floor, so put your nose as low as possible; remember - smoke is poisonous and can kill you
- as you go out, only open the doors you need to and close any open doors you can to slow the spread of the fire
- before you open doors, feel them with the back of your hand; if they’re warm, don’t open them – the fire is on the other side
- if you’re escaping with others, stay together if you can
If clothes catch fire
don’t run around – you will fan the flames and make them burn faster
lie down - this makes it harder for the fire to spread and reduces the effect of flames on your face and head (flames burn upwards)
smother the flames - cover the flames with heavy material, like a coat or blanket; this blocks the fire's supply of oxygen
roll around – rolling smothers the flames
Remember - if your clothes are on fire: STOP, DROP, ROLL
When you can't get out by your escape route
If your escape route is blocked:
- if you’re on the ground floor, go out of a window – throw bedding or cushions onto the ground outside to break your fall
- if you can’t open the window, use a heavy object to break it at the bottom corner – cover any jagged edges with clothing, a towel or a blanket
- lower children as far as possible before letting them drop – get an adult to break their fall if you can
- lower yourself by your arms from the window ledge before dropping
If you can’t get out, get everyone into one room:
- choose a room with a window, if you can
- put cushions, towels or bedding at the bottom of the door to block smoke
- open the window and call for help
- think now about which room might be best for this – you need a window that can be opened and, if possible, a phone for calling 999
Once you’re out and safe, use a mobile phone, (999 calls are free).Giving the address as South Causey Inn, Beamish Burn Road, Stanley, County Durham, DH9 0LS Explain if anyone is trapped and what room they’re in – the more information you can give the Fire and Rescue Service, the more quickly and effectively they can help you
DON'T GO BACK IN
You should find somewhere safe to wait near the building. If there's someone still inside, wait for the Fire and Rescue Service to arrive. You can tell them about the person and they will be able to find them quicker than you.
If you go back into the building, you will slow down the fire-fighters' efforts to rescue anyone else missing, as well as putting your own life in great danger.
- Smoking Policy, Damages and Charges
- Please be advised all of our bedrooms are Non-Smoking -Any damage to bedrooms or failure to comply with the no smoking policy will result in a cleaning charge of a minimum £100.
- Any bedroom keys not returned to reception on check out will be charged at £30
- Any damages or items removed from the room will be charged to this card upon booking.
Our Chef's have created a sumptuous, seasonal menu for you to enjoy but pre-booking your table is essential to enable our Team to have your table prepared for your arrival. Pre booking for dining is essential and we cannot guarantee a table if not pre booked. Please note restrictions may apply -please call to check serving times/availability.You can view all our menus at our website www.southcausey.co.uk
- Please feel free to adjust your Radiator, thermostat can be found at the side of the Radiator. Anti Clockwise will increase the temperature.
- We have wireless internet access for the use of all of our guests free of charge. You will be asked to login to our network by providing your email address and accepting our T & Cs.
- Room Service & Charges
- Any room service items will be charged as they are ordered and delivered in a contact free way.
- House Keeping Extra Towel & Bath Mats
- House keeping will not enter your room during your stay but if you require any additional items i.e. towels, bath mats etc. please call reception and they will be delivered in a contact free way.
- Please dial "0" on your bedroom telephone.
- Reception is available by dialling "0" on your hotel room telephone.
- A Night porter is on duty throughout the night, if you require assitance please dial "0" on your hotel room telephone.
- In case of emergency please call 9999 on your hotel room telephone
- What we are doing to keep you safe during your stay ..
- Social distancing in all public areas
- Enhanced hygiene and cleaning throughout
- Linens disinfected between guests
- Online check in and contactless key collection
- One way flow through the hotel
- In room dining and beverage options
- Socially distant restaurant settings - pre booking required
PRIOR TO YOUR ARRIVAL
- All bedrooms and public areas will have been cleaned and disinfected using hospital grade chemicals.
- Extra disinfection of the most frequently touched areas and items – kitchen utensils and equipment, light switches, door handles, lamps, TV remotes, thermostats, bathroom surfaces, all hard surfaces and more.
- Each bedroom and public area has been de-cluttered to allow for ease of cleaning
- Prior to arrival all guests will be asked to confirm if they or any of their party have shown symptoms. Unfortunately, those currently with symptoms, or self-isolating will be asked to visit at a future date.
- Accommodation will be charged 72 hours prior to arrival to allow the most contact free experience
- We will offer contactless check in and key collection.
- We are encouraging contactless payment methods for any incidentals
- All guest information will be available online, as our traditional guest directories have been removed.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be provided at the entrance to each of our properties.
DURING YOUR STAY
- Your room will be thoroughly cleaned
- Hand sanitiser will be readily available at stations around the Inn
- Customer service will be just a phone call away.
- Our housekeeping team can provide fresh linen and towels on request – these can be delivered to your room wrapped to avoid social contact.
- Our house keeping team can also take away your rubbish on request and provide fresh bin bags.
- In addition to the existing hand washing facilities around our properties, we will be supplying hand sanitiser in key locations.
- All our staff are receiving regular guidance and updates on how to prevent COVID-19 in the workplace.
- Our housekeeping team will follow upgraded cleaning procedures.
- Extra disinfection of the most frequently touched areas and items.
- All linen and towels will be cleaned by our onsite commercial laundry - using the same systems used in hospitals.
- Check Out
- Check out is any time prior to 10.30am on the day of departure. Please return your key to reception - using the one way system and placing the key where instructed.