World War II Market Lunch
South Causey Inn, County Durham
The Old Barn adds a magical atmosphere to our World War II Market Lunch, with the twinkly fairy lights, and beautiful festive decorations.
Arrive from 10:30 am in your best outfits from the 30s and 40s, and we will welcome you to browse our Christmas Market in the Durham Suite. Discover some of the best crafters the North East has to offer, from stylish homeware, handmade jewellery, personalised presents, and more.
At 11:30 am you can take your seat in the Old Barn and we shall bring you a glass of mulled wine before having a quick game of bingo with fun prizes for the winner.
- Event details
Tuesday, 29th November 2022
- Arrive at 10:30 for a browse around the Christmas Market
- Take your seat in the Old Barn from 11:30 for glass of mulled wine and a game of bingo with some fun prizes up for grabs
- Your delicious three-course lunch will then be served
- Live entertainment will begin from 14:00 with Sergeant Dixon singing all your favourite war-time tunes and hopefully... 'We Will Meet Again'!
- Carriages can arrive from 15:00 for departure
Tickets £28.95 per person. To book, please contact our team by calling 01207 235555.
Please note we will require the full payment on booking, which is non-refundable and non-transferable.
Your delicious 3 course lunch will then be served, please choose from:
- Our Chefs freshly made soup of the day, served with crispy bread and butter (suitable for vegetarians, V & can be gluten free)
- Prawn Cocktail - Norwegian prawns, served over Iceberg Lettuce and salad and topped with Marie Rose Sauce
- A traditional roast dinner with roast beef and turkey, 'Pigs in blankets', Causey's homemade Yorkshire Pudding, and lashings of bone marrow gravy (can be gluten free)
- Wild mushroom tortellini, with a leek and roasted chestnut creamed sauce, topped with cracked black pepper and Parmesan cheese (V)
All served with seasonal vegetables
- Causey Christmas Pudding, with lashings of brandy sauce (can be gluten free)
- Winter Berries Cheesecake and vanilla ice cream (V)
Please note, if you have any further dietary requirements, please let our team know upon booking.