Corporate Event & Meeting Venue County Durham
South Causey Inn has everything you need to host a memorable meeting, event, or conference from inspiring spaces to private dining.
Meetings & Conferences
At South Causey Inn, we pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service for every guest. We are situated in an excellent location for meetings and events, conveniently close to the A1M and only 9 miles from Durham and Newcastle.
With space for up to 150 delegates, we offer a variety of rooms and set-ups for training events, networking, business meetings, and one-to-ones. We also offer extensive outside spaces for team building events and our heated garden dining pods offer unique break-out areas for creative thinking. All our venues are fully wheelchair accessible with disabled parking facilities next to the venue.
Accommodation at the Inn
Our venue has 60 bedrooms on-site ranging from Cosy Shafto bedrooms to suites with private hot tubs to four bedroomed two-storey houses.
Corporate rates can be arranged.
- Day Delegate +
Our Day Delegate Rate Packages include:
- Meeting room hire
- LCD Projector and screen
- Flipchart and markers
- Conference notepads and pens
- Water and juice
- Complimentary WIFI
- Complimentary parking
For meetings between 10 and 16 delegates, we offer a 2-course lunch menu or a sandwich option served in our restaurant, private dining pods or you may prefer to remain in your meeting room.
For meetings over 16 delegates, we can also offer a hot and cold finger buffet.
- Silver Day Delegate Rate Luncheon +
£30 PLUS VAT
- Arrival tea and coffee
- Mid-morning tea and coffee and freshly made scones served with jam and clotted cream
- 2-course luncheon
- Afternoon tea and coffee and homemade biscuits and fruit
- Gold Day Delegate Rate +
£35 PLUS VAT
- Arrival tea and coffee and bacon rolls
- Mid-morning tea and coffee and energy bars
- 2-course luncheon
- Afternoon tea and coffee and cake selection
- Optional Add-Ons +
You may like to add on some of the following extras:
- Brewery experience £25 per guest
- Ice cream cart £10 per head (minimum of 10 delegates)
- Iced lollies
- Iced coffee £3.50 per head
- Marshmallow and fruit skewers £5 per head
- Popcorn bowls £4 per head
- Goodbye bags – chilled water, fruit, a packet of sweets, a bottle of Causey beer, or a Causey RIP gin miniature £10 per head
We can arrange the hire of AV equipment, including laptops, PA systems, DJ hires, microphones, LCD AV hires, and AV technicians if required for additional charges. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- The Farmhouse is made up of the following areas
- THE LOUNGE – cool, stylish, and intimate with relaxed seating and fires, this area works perfectly as a networking and break out room
- THE FRONT ROOM – offers theatre-style seating for 50 and can also be used as additional break out space
- THE ORANGERY – has natural lighting, audiovisual system, fully stocked bar
- The Farmhouse also 6 luxury guest bedrooms which will be offered to your group at a discounted rate
- The farmhouse can accommodate
- Can accommodate up to 50 guests
- Exclusive grounds for team building events
- Private driveway and gated entrance
- Private parking
- Air conditioning throughout the venue
- Has full music system throughout
- The Beamish Barn Venue can offer +
- A private entrance
- Fully disabled access
- Access to The Paddock for team building events
- On-site parking
- Music system
- AV equipment
- Private WC
- Complimentary 2 hour hire of our Garden Dining Pods for use for lunch and/or and additional break out space
- The Durham Suite is made up of the following areas
- COBBLES BAR which can be used for arrival drinks and receptions and as a break-out area.
- The adjoining COBBLES SUITE can accommodate 30 delegates for an additional small meeting or a break-out area.
- THE TANFIELD SUITE directly adjoins the Durham Suite and can accommodate up to 100 guests in theatre style. This area can also be used as an additional break-out area.
- THE DURHAM SUITE accommodates up to 150 theatre styles and can also be set with round or long tables.
- OUTDOOR TIPI AND DURHAM GARDEN. The Durham Suite has its own exclusive garden area and an outdoor Tipi area attached which boasts festoon lights, comfortable outdoor furniture, heaters, and fur throws for chillier days.
- The Durham Suite can accommodate
- Accommodates up to 100 delegates
- Exclusive gardens available for team building events
- Private entrance, ample on-site parking, and disabled access
- Filled with natural light
- Air conditioning
- Music system
- AV set up
- Private toilet area
- This is an ideal and quirky venue for exhibitions, markets and trade shows, presentations, and product launches with a separate bar and reception area which is perfect for registration areas