Hotel in Beamish Valley, near County Durham
Reasons to Visit ...
Halfway between Durham City and Newcastle, set in 100 acres of the beautiful Beamish Valley in the Vale of Durham, lies South Causey Inn - an independent hotel with luxury accommodation, flexible event spaces, and a rustic restaurant.
It is easy to visit South Causey Inn with excellent local transport links with Newcastle airport, Durham, Chester-le-Street, and Newcastle train stations, bus stops outside the door, 24-hour taxi services – if you are still stuck we can even arrange transport in our RIP gin car!
Please make our home your home and explore the beautiful North East England.
Top places to visit...
- The Causey Arch
- Tanfield Railway
- Beamish Open-Air Museum
- Beamish Park Golf Club
- South Moor Golf Club
- Hall Hill Farm
- Durham County Cricket Club
- Gibside Park & Chapel
- Angel of the North
- Newcastle & Gateshead - Discovery Museum, Life Science Centre, Sage Gateshead, St. James' Park - Home of NUFC & Theatre Royal
- Durham Cathedral & City of Durham
- Raby Castle
- Bowes Museum
How to find us
From the south:
- Exit the A1(M) at Junction 63
- Follow the A693 signposted 'Stanley' and Beamish Museum
- At the Beamish Museum roundabout continue forward up the hill
- At the top of the hill turn right following signposts to Gateshead and the A6076
- You will arrive at a junction with a petrol station on your left. Turn right
- South Causey is 300 yards along this road on your right
From the north:
- While traveling south on the A1 you will pass the Metro Centre on your left
- Follow signs for Consett on the A692
- You will pass through the village of Sunniside
- At the second set of traffic lights (with the Potters Wheel Public House on the left) turn left
- Follow this road for approx 3 miles
- The South Causey is on your left (before you reach the 30mph signs)