Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions of booking
Maintenance and improvements
- As the hotel is open all year round, you may find that there is necessary maintenance taking place during your visit. We will endeavour to keep any noise and inconvenience to a minimum.
- All the prices shown are applicable at the time of booking and are not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- If you book a room on rack rate the full price, including any extras incurred during your stay, this must be settled in full before departure by cash, MasterCard, Visa, or Maestro. A credit card or debit card details are taken as a booking guarantee only unless detailed otherwise. We are unable to accept Maestro cards as a form of guarantee.
- If you book an advance purchase or a promotional room rate the full payment will be taken at the time of booking. All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Bookings are taken at the discretion of the Hotel and are subject to availability. Prices may be restricted or may not apply at certain times.
- If you pay with a credit card a small transaction fee will be charged, this fee is currently 2.5% of the final bill. No fee will be charged if you pay with a debit card.
- VAT is included in the displayed rate, unless otherwise stated
- If staying for multiple nights at the Hotel we may require you to make payment for any outstanding charges on a more frequent basis during your stay
- Bookings made for Deluxe rooms require a £50 non- refundable deposit due to the popularity of the rooms.
- Bookings made for Wedding Guest will require a non- refundable deposit, currently £30. This is subject to change.
- A £50 deposit will be taken on check in to all deluxe rooms. If no damages/ miss use of the hot tub has occurred then this deposit will be returned to once the room has been checked.
- Advance purchase rates must be paid in advance. This payment is non-refundable and non-transferable.
- As there is a 'No Smoking Policy' throughout the hotel, if you have found to have been smoking in your room, there will be a £50 charge automatically added to your bill. Any damages to the room and the hotels fixtures, fitting and furnishings will be the responsibility of the Customer and will be charged accordingly.
- Deluxe Bedrooms will incur a £50 charge if the Hot Tub rules are not adhered too.
- Check in time to the hotel is from 2pm and check out time is by 10.30am.Due to unforeseen circumstances, which are out of our control–on occasion we may have to delay check in until the room meets our high standards. This is to ensure you enjoy the best possible experience and your health, welfare and safety needs are all met at all times.
- A credit or debit card will be required on check in. A £50 deposit will be required for Hot Tub rooms.
Early check ins
If guests have requested an early check in we will do our very best to have the room ready as soon as possible however this is only a request and cannot be guaranteed.
All reservations can be cancelled up to 9 a.m. (9.00 hrs) 72hrs prior to your arrival date. If you cancel after this time, your credit/debit card will be charged for the total price of the reservation. If you do not arrive and have not cancelled (No Show), your credit/debit card will be charged the total price of the reservation.
Please note that on many evenings the hotel is host to weddings and functions, which may run until 12am at the latest.
All deposits including bedroom, function, wedding and Christmas, are strictly non refundable and non transferable.
Internet facilities are provided by third party providers. The Customer acknowledges that there may be disruption to the connection without prior notice and the South Causey Inn shall not be liable whatsoever for such disruption. The Customer further undertakes not to use the facility for any fraudulent purpose or in connection with any criminal offence and in contravention of any license and will indemnify South Causey Inn against any claim, demand, suit, proceeding or prosecution arising therefrom.
South Causey Inn has their own car park, free of charge. However, cars are left at the owner’s/customer’s own risk. South Causey Inn does not accept responsibility for loss or damage. Parking is on a first come first served basis.
Cots and extra beds
Baby cots, extra beds and bedding are available but pre-booking is required.
Extra beds are charged at £40 for adults or £30 for children (16 and under) per person, for the first night, and £10 per night for any additional nights. Cots are £20 per cot per night. Please note not all rooms can fit extra beds/cots please ask reception if your room is suitable.
Courtyard Rooms and Hot Tub Rooms are pet friendly. Dogs receive a bed and a "goodie bag" at a cost of £20 per night. Your Four Legged Friends are now welcome to join you in our Bar Area where meals are served. Pets can only be booked via 01207235 555
Glasses and ice
Glasses and Ice buckets can be provided to bedrooms at a £5 charge per bucket.
South Causey Inn cannot accept responsibility for any errors or omissions and reserve the right to cancel, amend or vary the arrangements featured in the site without notice.
- The Inn accepts no responsibility for any items left at the Inn.
- The following actions will be taken when a report of lost or found property is made:
- All items reported to Reception as lost by customers/staff are recorded
- All found items are kept in storage within the Inn and will be stored for a period of 6 weeks
- Every possible attempt is made to identify the owner of the found property and make contact with that person in the interim
- After the six week storage period:
- Passports and personal identification - reported to the relevant authority immediately and after the five week period we are advised how to dispose of by the relevant authority
- Mobile telephones - the SIM card is destroyed and the telephone is donated to for use in their mobile recycling scheme. Once the telephone has been donated, the deletion of any information stored directly on it is their responsibility
- Keys - destroyed and securely disposed of
- Bank cards - reported to the relevant authority immediately and after the six week period we are advised how to dispose of by the relevant authority
- Cash - donated to Local Charity
- Purse/Wallet - all personal information is destroyed and securely disposed of. Then it is dealt with as a general item
- Medicine - securely stored for five weeks then given to a pharmacy to dispose of safely
- After the six week period all other unclaimed goods are disposed off
- Unclaimed perishable goods are disposed of at the close of day. (This includes any food receptacles).
Passport loyalty scheme
Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions, this Passport sales promotion may be withdrawn at any time at our discretion.
1.3 Passports are issued at our discretion and will be issued to the individual named in the Passport. A Passport cannot be transferred or used by any person other than the individual named in the Passport.
You must present your Passport at reception at the time scheduled for check-out in order to receive your stamp. You cannot present a Passport to be stamped on behalf of another person. We will not stamp a Passport in respect of a previous stay.
We will only issue one stamp per stay at South Causey Inn regardless of the number of rooms booked by you during that stay or number of people staying in the rooms you booked. A "stay" for the purposes of these terms and conditions means the period between checking in and checking out at the South Causey Inn.
The Passport promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other offer and no cash alternative is available. The stamps and the Passport shall not be available for re-sale.
your Passport, and any stamps you have received on it, shall have one year expiry date.
1.11 We reserve the right to refuse to stamp and to void your Passport where we have reason to believe, acting reasonably, that you have been or are abusing the sales promotion or you have been or are acting in bad faith.
The safekeeping of your Passport is solely your responsibility. In the event that a Passport is lost or stolen, we will not provide a replacement Passport.
3.1 Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude our liability for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of our negligence.
3.2 We accept no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering a Prize Draw or accepting a prize, save where such damage, loss, liability, injury or disappointment arises from our breach of these terms and conditions or negligence.
3.3 We reserve the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Passport sales promotion or Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside our control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). Our decision in all matters under our control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
3.4 We shall not be liable for any failure to comply with our obligations where the failure is caused by something outside our reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
Terms and conditions for the supply of goods through a website
Our goods are intended to be sold only within the UK. You may not purchase any of our goods from this website if you are under 18 years old and/ or you are accessing this website from outside the UK.
- Our name: South Causey InnOur geographic address:Beamish Burn Road, Stanley, Co.Durham. DH9 0LSOur contact details:
Telephone: 01207 235 555
Fax: 01207 230137
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgOur VAT Number: 865 2235 21
2. How to conclude a contract with us using this website
These are the steps you need to take to conclude a contract with us:
(1) Make sure you have read and understand our terms
(2) Browse our information
This website contains information about our goods which you will need to know before you place your order including descriptions of our goods, current prices (including VAT) and delivery costs.
The information about the goods on our website constitutes an "invitation to treat" and is not a contractual offer from us which you may accept. This means that we reserve the right to correct any errors in that information without liability to you. It also means that in no circumstances will we be contractually bound to supply you with goods on the basis of any incorrect information, even if that information is repeated in your order.
(3) Select the goods you wish to purchase
You can select any items you wish to purchase by clicking on the "add to basket" button. You will be taken to your shopping basket whenever you add a new item, but you can also view the contents of your shopping basket by clicking on the "shopping basket" button. The shopping basket screen lists your current selection of items with description, price and current subtotal. You can edit the contents of your basket and remove any input errors by removing items or changing quantities.
(4) Making a Purchase
To purchase the items in your basket and proceed with your order using our secure online purchasing facility, click on the "purchase online" button on the shopping basket screen. You will then be transferred to our secure server to complete your order.
If you would like to order goods from us but do not want to enter your credit/ debit card details on the web, you can pay for your order over the phone. You will be asked to provide certain information we need to enable us to process your order such as your preferred delivery address and payment details. It is your responsibility to provide us with sufficient information to process you order.
We may acknowledge receipt of your order on our website or by email. This is not our acceptance of your order, but confirmation that it has been received.
(5) Wait for acceptance of you order
You may not assume we have accepted your order until we send you an acceptance by email. Only if and when you receive our acceptance will we have a binding contract between us.
You may receive acknowledgement from our payment processor advising you whether or not your credit or debit card payment has been authorised. This acknowledgement relates to your payment only and is not our acceptance of your order.
We will be entitled to refuse to accept your order if in our sole discretion we consider it necessary. In particular we must receive payment of the whole of the price for the goods that you order before your order can be accepted. If we refuse your order we will let you know as soon as we can. If we accept your order we will inform you without undue delay.
Once we have entered into a contract with you we shall supply you with the items specified in your order in accordance with the terms of the contract.
3. Other information about the Contract
We can only conclude the contract with you in English and not in any other language.
Our liability to you
The prices payable for goods that you order as well as any applicable VAT and delivery charges are as set out in our website.
3.2 Your right to cancel your contract and our returns policy
If you are a consumer, you may cancel your contract with us for the goods you order at any time up to the end of the seventh working day from the date you receive the ordered goods. You do not need to give us any reason for cancelling your contract nor will you have to pay any penalty.
To cancel your contract you must notify us in writing by hand delivered notice; post; fax; or email.
If you have received the goods before you cancel your contract then you must return the goods in their original condition to us at the address above at your own cost and risk. If you cancel your contract but we have already processed the goods for delivery you must not unpack the goods when they are received by you and you must send the goods back to us in their original condition to the address above at your own cost and risk as soon as possible.
Once you have notified us that you are cancelling your contract, any sum debited to us from your credit or debit card will be re-credited to your account as soon as possible and in any event within 30 days of cancellation provided that the goods in question are returned by you and received by us in the condition they were in when delivered to you. If you do not return the goods delivered to you or do not pay the costs of delivery, we shall be entitled to deduct the direct costs of recovering the goods from the amount to be re-credited to you.
3.3 Our rights to cancel the contract
We may cancel the contract between us if:
- the goods you have ordered are unavailable for any reason;
- we do not deliver to your area; or
- one or more of the goods you ordered was listed at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers.
If we do cancel your contract we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit or debit card as soon as possible but in any event within 30 days of your order. We will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment suffered.
3.4 Delivery of goods to you
We will deliver the goods ordered by you to the address you give us for delivery at the time you make your order.
Delivery will be made as soon as possible after your order is accepted and in any event within 30 days of your order. For the avoidance of doubt, time for delivery shall not be of the essence.
You will become the owner of the goods you have ordered when they have been delivered to you. Once goods have been delivered to you they will be held at your own risk and we will not be liable for their loss or destruction.
4.1 Your remedy for damaged goods
If the goods we deliver are not what you ordered or are damaged or defective or the delivery is of an incorrect quantity, you must notify us in writing at our contact address of the problem within 10 working days of the delivery of the goods in question. Otherwise you will have no right to any of the remedies set out below.
If you notify a problem to us, we will, at our option:
- make good any shortage or non-delivery; or
- replace or repair, at our option, any goods that are damaged or defective; or
- refund to you the whole or part of the amount paid by you for the goods in question in whatever way we choose.
4.2 Limitations on our liability to you
You are responsible for observing and complying with all applicable regulations and legislation which affect your purchase and subsequent use of our goods. This includes obtaining all necessary customs, import or other permits to purchase goods from our site. Certain national laws may prohibit the importation or exportation of certain of our goods to you.
We make no representation and accept no liability in respect of the export or import of the goods you purchase.
To the extent that law permits us to do so, we exclude all our liability to you for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem relating to the goods you buy from us, other than the remedies listed in paragraph c above.
If a court does decide we are liable to pay you compensation, that compensation will be limited to the amount paid by you for the goods in question.
Please note that nothing in this section of these terms and conditions (or in any other section) is intended to limit any rights you might have as a consumer or other statutory rights that may not be excluded by law, nor in any way to exclude or limit our liability to you for any death or personal injury resulting from our negligence of for fraudulent misrepresentation
Things you should know
5.1 Events beyond our control
We shall have no liability to you for any failure to deliver goods you have ordered or any delay in doing so or for any damage or defect to goods delivered that is caused by any event or circumstance beyond our reasonable control including, without limitation, strikes, lock-outs and other industrial disputes, breakdown of systems or network access, flood, fire, explosion or accident.
If any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of these conditions will not be affected.
5.4 Third party rights
A person who is not a party to this contract has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this contract but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.
5.5 Entire agreement
5.6 Governing law
The contract between us shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to resolve any disputes between us.